Join me online on Sunday 26 July from 1pm-4pm, as we explore using our memories as a springboard for writing poetry.
This poetry workshop will include a talk about my experience of writing memoir poetry, a poetry reading from my collection Amnesia Findings, poetry exercises and prompts, and I will leave time to answer all questions poetry.
This workshop will focus on:
– The dark and light of memoir poetry.
– Memory (and gaps in memory) and how poetry is the perfect form to express these short vignettes.
– Our poetry journeys and how we came to poetry or how poetry found us.
– Storytelling through poetry and snapshots we can use from our lives to inspire poems.
– Reclaiming a sense of agency for our stories through poetry by working through ideas and experiences we want to understand further.
– Using simple language and vivid imagery in poetry to evoke strong emotional responses.
To book a place, visit the Avid Reader website here. I look forward to seeing you!